The NACDS Annual Meeting is the industry’s most prestigious gathering of its most influential leaders. It is the classic “Top-to-Top” business conference, attended by industry decision makers. It will give you and your company a unique opportunity to gain new insights into today’s changing marketplace and set your course for the future.
The Annual Meeting format includes two formal business programs featuring business experts, industry panels, and renowned speakers. These sessions are followed by “strategic exchange appointments” (meetings) between retailers and associate members in the designated “strategic exchange spaces” (meeting umbrellas and bungalows), corporate village, private meeting rooms, or other designated meeting spaces located throughout the hotel.
Participation in the Annual Meeting is restricted to executives from NACDS member companies and includes Retail Chairmen, CEOs, Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents of Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, and Pharmacy and their executive-level counterparts and decision makers from supplier companies.
NACDS represents traditional drug stores, supermarkets and mass merchants with pharmacies. Chains operate over 40,000 pharmacies, and NACDS’ over 80 chain member companies include regional chains, with a minimum of four stores, and national companies. Chains employ nearly 3 million individuals, including 155,000 pharmacists. They fill over 3 billion prescriptions yearly, and help patients use medicines correctly and safely, while offering innovative services that improve patient health and healthcare affordability. NACDS members also include more than 900 supplier partners and over 70 international members representing 21 countries.
Brian Nightengale, RPh, PhD
Steven C. Anderson, FASAE, CAE, IOM
President & CEO
Board of Directors
- Joseph Douglas, Genoa Healthcare
- Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Lori Flees, Sam's Club/Walmart
- Lynne Fruth, Fruth Pharmacy
- Omer Gajial, Albertsons Companies
- Alex Gourlay, Walgreens Boots Alliance & Walgreen Co.
- Mark Griffin, Lewis Drug
- Kirk Kaminsky, Health Mart
- Rick Keyes, Meijer, Inc.
- Jocelyn Konrad, Rite Aid Corporation
- Christopher Lane, Wakefern Food Corp./ShopRite
- Colleen Lindholz , The Kroger Co.
- John McDowell, Sam's Club
- Robert Narveson, Thrifty White Pharmacy
- Brian Nightengale, Good Neighbor Pharmacy
- Martin Otto, H-E-B
- Craig Painter, Kinney Drugs, Inc.
- Jim Peters, Rite Aid Corporation
- Jonathan Roberts, CVS Health
- John Standley, Walgreen Co.
- Sharon Sternheim, Zitomer/Thriftway Drug Corp.
- Debbie Weitzman, Medicine Shoppe International, Inc.
- Michael Wysong, CARE Pharmacies Cooperative, Inc.
NACDS Honorary Board
- Philip E. Beekman, Owl Hollow Enterprises
- David Bernauer
- Sydney Besthoff, III, Property Management Group
- Warren F. Bryant
- Anthony N. Civello, AC Consulting
- Leonard A. Genovese, LFC Enterprises, LLC
- Andrew A. Giancamilli, 99 Cents Only Stores
- Robert W. Hannan, Hannan Executive Services, Inc.
- Gerald Heller
- Alan B. Levin, SoDel Concepts
- Robert D. Loeffler
- David Maher, Pharma Integrative Pharmacy
- Larry J. Merlo
- Frank A. Newman
- Mark Panzer, BGJ Group
- Harvey Rosenthal
- Thomas M. Ryan
- Mary Sammons
- Stewart Turley
- Gregory D. Wasson, iA
NACDS Board Chairs, 1934-2021
- George H. Gales, Liggett Drug Co., 1934–1938
- Nate S. Shapero, Cunningham Drug Stores, 1938–1941
- Horace A. Taylor, Taylor Drug Co., 1941–1944
- J.F. Gallaher, Gallaher Drug Co., 1944–1945
- C.R. Walgreen, Jr., Walgreen Drug Stores, 1945–1947
- E. Roy Albright, Albright & Wood, 1947–1949
- Merle A. Sanders, Snyder’s Drug Stores, 1949–1951
- Scott C. Rea, Rea & Derick, 1951–1953
- S.J. Besthoff, Katz & Besthoff, 1953–1955
- G.B. Burrus, Peoples Drug Stores, Inc., 1955–1957
- Adolph Weinberger, Gray Drug Stores, Inc., 1957–1959
- M.K. Wood, Gallaher Drug Co., 1959–1961
- Ches B. Larsen, Cunningham Drug Stores, 1961–1963
- Morris R. Shlensky, Katz Drug Company, 1963–1965
- Carlyle W. Evans, Gray Drug Stores, Inc., 1965–1967
- August F. Hook, Hook Drugs, Inc., 1967–1969
- L.S. Skaggs, Skaggs Drug Centers, Inc., 1969–1971
- George T. Hilden, Osco Drug, Inc., 1971–1973
- Joseph M. Long, Longs Drug Stores, 1973–1975
- S.H. Ashcraft, Craft’s Drug Stores, 1975–1976
- J.A. Weinberger, Gray Drug Store, Inc., 1976–1977
- C.R. Walgreen III, Walgreen Company, 1977–1978
- Stewart Turley, Jack Eckerd Corporation, 1978–1979
- Robert B. Begley, Begley Drug Company, 1979
- Sheldon W. Fantle, Peoples Drug Stores, Inc., 1980–1981
- Sydney J. Besthoff, III, K&B, Incorporated, 1981–1982
- Sidney Dworkin, Revco D.S., Inc., 1982–1983
- Henry A. Panasci, Jr., Fay’s Incorporated, 1983–1984
- Robert M. Long, Longs Drug Stores, 1984–1985
- James I. Harrison, Jr., Harco Drug Inc., 1985–1986
- Alex Grass, Rite Aid Corporation, 1986–1987
- Jack A. Robinson, Perry Drug Stores, Inc., 1987–1988
- Stewart Turley, Jack Eckerd Corporation, 1988–1989
- Gerald Heller, May’s Drug Stores, Inc., 1989–1990
- Richard G. Eils, Thrifty Corporation, 1990
- Philip E. Beekman, Hook–SupeRx, Inc., 1990–1992
- Harvey Rosenthal, CVS, 1992–1993
- Robert W. Hannan, Thrift Drug, Inc., 1993–1994
- Jack Futterman, Pathmark Stores, Inc., 1994–1995
- David L. Maher, American Stores Company, 1995–1996
- Gerald Heller, May’s Drug Stores, Inc., 1996–1997
- Thomas M. Ryan, CVS Pharmacy, Inc., 1997–1998
- Leonard A. Genovese, Genovese Drug Stores, Inc., 1998–1999
- Frank A. Newman, Eckerd Corporation, 1999–2000
- Alan B. Levin, Happy Harry’s, Inc., 2000–2001
- Mark E. Griffin, Lewis Drug, 2002–2003
- Mary Sammons, Rite Aid Corporation, 2003–2005
- Anthony N. Civello, Kerr Drug, Inc., 2005–2007
- David W. Bernauer, Walgreen Co., 2007-2008
- Warren F. Bryant, Longs Drug Stores, 2008
- Andy A. Giancamilli, Snyders Drug Stores, 2008–2010
- Larry J. Merlo, CVS Caremark Corporation, 2010–2011
- Robert D. Loeffler, H-E-B, 2011-2012
- Gregory D. Wasson, Walgreen Co., 2012-2013
- Robert J. Narveson, Thrifty White Pharmacy, 2013-2014
- John Standley, Rite Aid Corporation, 2014-2015
- Randy Edeker, Hy-Vee, Inc., 2015-2016
- Martin Otto, H-E-B, 2016-2017
- Alex Gourlay, Walgreens Boots Alliance & Walgreen Co., 2017 -2018
- Mark Panzer, Alberstons Companies, 2018-2019
- Christopher Lane, Wakefern Food Corp./ShopRite, 2019-2020
- Richard Ashworth, Walgreen Co., 2020
- Rick Keyes, Meijer, Inc., 2020-2021
It is the opportunities. It is the results. It is the relationships. It is the member service. All Chain and Associate Members in good standing with NACDS are invited to register and attend the Annual Meeting.